Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
All of the "new" battle sprites I'm using currently all use a standard PC color palette setup. As I said, they load fine if I load them using a working sprite ID (35, 40, 41, etc). It doesn't matter which sprite sheet I tell it to load, just as long as I only load it using the IDs that work. So it shouldn't be the 12 color limit stopping them. I haven't paid any attention to how many different palettes are being loaded at one time though (didn't think to even look because they worked on different IDs) so maybe, big maybe, be just getting unlucky on that count but it shouldn't be a problem because they all use the basic palettes and normal PC colors at this time.

As for Egger's patch, it only accounting for 32 extra battle sprites could be a problem eventually, and while my table of pointers includes more characters than that, I'm not currently using more than that. I would need to use his patch to make those NPC that use colors outside of the normal 12 work without major changes (like Arvis, the dancers, Narsh guards). I had tried to instal it before I had those sprites imported to see if it would in advertanly fix the problem with some of them not loading (since he DID account for sprites beyond 22).

Every time I've tried installing it though I get crashes at every screen load as well as the title screen not loading either. I've tried using the IPS to patch it, I've tried using the asm file to make changes to pointers and adresses then instally it manually with the same result. Even if it wasn't compatible with my expanded list or extra sprites, it shouldnt be causing crashing of the game to that extent. So I'm still not sure what is happening there. That seems to be another issue entirely though.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 04-02-2015, 01:41 AM