Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
That would rock.

As for a quick status update, currently no snags, added a few things to the "fixme" list, and a few updates I need to make to the above sprite list. Currently have the battle sprite pointer list and battle palette list moved, expanded, and seemingly working. Inserting sprites and testing come next. Gonna rig up the moggle battlefield to install three parties of npc's instead of moggles for testing, easiest way I can think to check several at a time. Screen shot if succesful, hopefully.

Seems complete vanilla sprite sheets are not that popular to make. Still could have swore I saw a sheet for the children once apon a time, stuff aint easy to find.

On a side note, turns out I can't get a database field to hold a sprite sheet's hex data without chopping it off. Excel on the other hand, holds a full sheet rather well. In a single cell even. Just thought I'd share that. (Yes I've got all the above sprites, saved in a spreadsheet with the rest of the code. I know I'm weird, I admit it.)

I'm down to the point of either OAM pointers or VRAM loading locations being the road block. Looking at the OAM side of it first, kinda: This question

Strangely enough, character 35 graphics load seemingly flawless in battle and map, yet character 27 graphics causes all sorts of cool graphical errors and tries to crash in battle, then character 28 graphics just shows up blank in battle.

Pure dumb luck that graphics on 35 happens to load up perfect? WTF

On a side note, Clyde does look pretty bad ass in battle...

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 03-24-2015, 07:22 AM