Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Jack and I have played this mod to death. We f**k**g love it. Please don't misconstrue our long-thought-about/many-times-encountered issues as me being a dick. 

For one, the random party Kefka battle should just be a flag. I can see no reason not to make it so. 
For two, you could very VERY easily dissuade new/inexperienced players from using complicated flags by listing them under a different heading. There's no reason to hide shit unless it doesn't work yet.
For three, virtually everything Subtraction wrote is simply pretentious. Please stop thinking you know how a game should work better than your players. Especially those who play your game A LOT (and especially especially those who are trained in game design) just because you think you know better and are being precious about your work and choices.

The one thing every creative person needs to learn about their work is that their initial idea is almost never the best idea. Just because you've worked on it for a long time doesn't mean it is optimal. The first lessons every creative person should learn is how to look at their work and self-evaluate. It's tough. It requires empathy. You have to know how other people are going to see it. They aren't going to be relying on your personal IKEA effect. Just because you made it, doesn't mean it's good.

People are responding as though I'm being antagonistic. The only person I'm being antagonistic to is Abyssonym. Because f**k that guy. He's pretentious AF, and he seems to have no interest in his audience. He happens to be very good at making randomizers (that other people make playable), but overall, he seems to be completely up his own ass. He needs to understand the audience is more important than he is.

Don't be that guy Subtraction Soup.

(Jack here (bitches represent etc))

For four, Andrew means well -  deal with it.

As I have said in the discord, and honestly most things have been actually considered (thankee) an accessible randomizer is a popular one. I know the focus tends to be on challenge runs and/or permadeaths right now.... the potential for races on this is honestly immense. If you build it, they (we if you count all the peeps I can send this way when) will come. As said, there are simple ways to accommodate all crowds... flags. Options. Customization is good.

That said; we've already reached a beautiful agreement in the discord about not just a GUI; but no more secret features etc. I am extremely optimistic about where this randomizer is going- take this from a guy who frequently participates in nerd randomizer shenanigans, and might also have won a fight against dat dere mike tyson kid without looking >_<

TLDR: This randomizer rocks!: please don't be pretentious pricks and ruin it before it gets it's footing
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by MrEntity - 09-15-2019, 12:12 AM