Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
There's a comprehensive guide on the web, I believe it's by MasterZed. The gist of it is that on any particular turn when Slot comes up, certain flags will be set. Tenkarider, I feel as if your brother savestated on a turn when no flags were set, so all combinations were possible. I believe certain actions move a queue forward, and wherever it stops, it will decide which combinations are possible, and which are not. Chocobop, 7-Flush, and Lagomorph are always possible. Here's the aforementioned relevant guide:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/iphone/734974-f...faqs/48009

If one of the 3 guaranteed possible combinations is good, then once you get the timing down(it's actually quite consistent, and the game will help you get possible combinations), Slot is quite useful.

Generally, the problem I have with Slot isn't the difficulty of inputting the good combinations, but rather the fact that Slot is rather underpowered. I'd prefer 7-Flush to just about everything I've seen on Slot over the past 25 seeds. Level-X spell is too common, and generally sucks, and so do the Esper castings, which take up almost all of the other slot inputs.

On another note, Magitek Facility defense is rather easy to get around. Surely you should essentially never have a party that relies on physical attacks for the Opera House segment anyways, considering the party that goes to the opera house is the same one that goes to the facility itself anyways, and you have two non-fixed party members to use. The only attacks you could have that rely on physical defense are Fight, AutoCrossbow, Rage, and Quadra Slam, as far as I can remember.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by Cecil188 - 06-27-2016, 08:23 PM