Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
That's funny I feel the same about snes9x, those points you made. I guess it's just what the person got used to and feels comfortable with, that or one of those emulator purists who care more for the technical aspects above all else and shuns the use of any other emulator. Off the top of my head, I personally like the turbo feature with zsnes more for one, it is far less choppy, at least for me. I do like snes9x as well now that I know a lot more about it than I did, about how it is technically more accurate and thus superior, but I always go back to using zsnes most of the time because that is what I am comfortable with, making recordings, dumping spcs, all my save states for tests, making screentshots etc.

EDIT: Oh, the other main thing I like about zsnes is how you can go out of the game (music & game still playing) and do other things on your computer. As far as I know, snes9x needs to pause when trying to escape from the emulator in order to keep it's accurate timing? This is just a guess as to why it pauses, and for all I know there's a setting to change that maybe...probably not. But yeah I like how I can exit out of zsnes to do other things and still have the game playing. That is nice, as I like to hear the music and go from place to place and work on other things. This is just a personal preference, I doubt anyone would care if the emulator pauses when they go to do something else for a while.

Also it being less accurate seems to help out certain things like monster molde graphics not messing up if more than 3 monsters are in a formation and the moldes get in each other's way, it will mess with the sprite graphics - this does not occur with zsnes. Also as we know now, the amount of instruments on a song spilling over issue. Both of these I guess are present in real hardware, so again, it's not snes9x's fault, but I do like how zsnes does not have said issues!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by Gi Nattak - 12-15-2015, 03:54 AM