Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Tidus, I don't have any objections to you doing whatever you want with the randomizer or randomized roms, I'm not totally sure what you're asking though. Beyond Chaos is a randomizer, so it randomly changes the game rom and creates a different result every time you run it.

DavidB, one of the biggest complaints I got for the previous implementation was that party pickups don't go straight into the party, so that's why I changed that. I also saw this as an opportunity to increase the turnover rate of characters and make the party composition more dynamic. What I mean by that is, there are a few different ways that you can "lose" party members inside the cave, so being able to replace them with other characters makes for an interesting game mechanic. But the problem with that is, if the player recruits every character immediately like they did before, they wouldn't have any replacements waiting in the wings.

I thought that making the characters wait until you have an incomplete party is an elegant solution, since it already didn't make much sense for them to teleport back to the airship. I didn't see it as being more tedious because you have to go back to the airship to change party members anyway, and the rest stop usually isn't very far out of your way on the way back.

And, as I mentioned before, it's easier for me to make the characters simply do nothing if you have a full party.

I didn't think it was a big deal, but I can understand why you're feeling inconvenienced. I'm just not sure I can think of a solution that covers all of my bases as well as yours.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by abyssonym - 11-06-2015, 05:56 PM