Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm confused, I'd been able to handle ancient cave mode before just fine, with the way it was before.
Now you're basically telling me it's impossible to play Ancient Cave mode. Tongue

I don't want to race this game. I was perfectly happy with backtracking to get party members in my ship.
It wasn't broken, why did you fix it? Tongue

I enjoyed Ancient Cave mode, it was and still is a lot of fun.
I just don't see how forcing you to play with three party members to be able to even get new party members was a good idea. Smile
Seriously, the previous form wasn't bad. It was kind of annoying, but it wasn't this level of annoying.

This just makes no sense, I mean no offense, but it really doesn't.
It just makes the game harder, for no reason.
You're forcing the player to do things far more tedious than they should, just to enjoy ancient cave mode.
That's not a good idea.

Up until this change, Ancient Cave mode wasn't even that tedious, or backtrack spam times.
I really don't get the change. Sure, it was long, but it was decent.

Changing the party members to not even go to the base after you have a full party, forcing you to only have parties of 3 constantly, or until you find all party members, just doesn't make any sense.

There wasn't even 1/5 as much backtracking involved in Ancient cave mode as it is now.

I mean, if I am missing something, please point it out, because the old system could not be worse than super random backtrack mode.
Ancient Cave was fun until this change, and I can't fathom why you added it.
To me, it makes it impossible to play. Because I am not running around with random 3 player parties, looking everywhere for a person, then constantly using Warp and backtracking over and over to get the other remaining party members, constantly getting 3 member parties and then repeating the process to the end of time.

I liked Ancient Cave mode! I really enjoyed this, and now you're basically sealing it off from me for no reason.
I'm really missing the point here, and I really need you to explain to me how it's a better system when you can't progress or do anything at all, without spending vastly more time backtracking and doing random party management.
I'm getting upset typing this because of how frustrated I am trying to explain just how confusing this system is!

I mean, I don't get it.
I mean, if I really am missing how this new feature is so good, let me know.
Because it makes Ancient Cave Mode completely unplayable to me, since there's nothing I can do but be bored to tears over neverending back tracking that does not even make the tiniest amount of sense. In a mode that had backtracking that I didn't mind, since I eventually got the Warp spell. Smile

Whelk using Goner would make more sense, I'm just saying.
I'm sorry for the wall of text, but I'm simply upset over something I can't figure out.
I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't enjoy this modification so much.
I just can't simply figure out how I can play Ancient Cave mode again, with a feature that at least makes it 3 times more tedious and boring.

It simply boggles my mind I can't even play the only part of this game I really enjoy, finding a really neat seed and playing and beating Ancient Cave mode.
Even randomized base game isn't as fun as Ancient Cave, and that's full of silly worms that have instant death attacks that can only be blocked by Vanish. Smile
I've gotten so far in so many different seeds, and I know one day I'd fine the perfect one.

Say something, please, tell me what I'm missing. I need to know what I'm missing.
I'm so upset, but I don't mean to be. I just...It's hard for me to explain things, you know. I need help to understand this. I can't handle this level of change.

Normally, I'm a calm person, I know I have Asperger's, and I have freak outs from time to time, but I just don't know how to explain myself, so I end up with giant walls of text.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by DavidB1111 - 11-06-2015, 05:33 PM