Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
It's okay to want it to be balanced. I did try to balance it even if just a little bit. Most of all I want it to be fun and interesting, and it won't be if it's too hard to progress. But if I'm being honest, the audience I had in mind for Beyond Chaos was people who are already very knowledgeable about the game. I wanted them to experience the game anew and for BC to teach them (and me) things that they never knew about FF6, so it did end up being quite difficult. I'm happy to see anyone playing it, though.

(Even if I did want it to be perfectly balanced, I'm not skilled enough or have enough time to fix everything)

(Really I want BC to be a tribute or a love letter to the original game, so rather than "improving", I tried to make modifications that "reveal" things like obscure game mechanics and weird combinations of equipment and abilities)

Regarding Tenkarider's reference to the Law of Large Numbers, most things in BC are actually randomized on a normal distribution, like rolling two dice, so extreme changes are more unlikely... although high level monsters are weighted to get more favorable stat boosts, to keep the game interesting.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by abyssonym - 09-14-2015, 02:02 PM