Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello! I recently discovered Beyond Chaos, and I am really enjoying it!

I tried a bit of the Ancient Cave too, and I do like it, especially all random, which makes it harder, I know, but more fun in a way. Laugh

I'm currently having a very interesting time in a main game run.
Terra started off looking like Celes, and has the slowest speed of all my character with a whopping 18 base.
That's a lot of fun in the beginning. Hit

Especially since for some reason, some of the early game monsters right outside Narshe all spawn with Cause back attack flag even if you had the back guard relic equiped.

I'm up to the Opera house, or nearly there rather.

Some highlights include Sabin looking like Cyan and having access to R-chaos, which is really amazing, especially when you get Fallen One.
According to the Text file, I won't get a thief until Relm who looks like Terra.
Both her and Strago are going to learn the major attack spells by themselves, which is nice.

Umaro is going to be interesting when I recruit him, since he comes with a R-Nuke ability, and 73 vigor.
The only way that could get more sillier is if he spawned with Swordtech maxed out and it was fast instead of slow to charge.
Strago is going to be the Sabin of the game this run too, which will be neat.

I'm assuming R-Nuke is like free Ultima spam? Tongue R-Chaos is nice, but randomly getting Fallen One 1/256 times isn't going to help you in all hard fights.
Also, some spell shows up called Joker Doom, but it just deals damage to an enemy. Condemned and Roulette are helpful though.

Oh, Katanasoul guarded a chest on the Phantom Train. That was so fun, really, level 16 characters against him. Every battle started with, "Everyone dies." etc until I got lucky.
Thankfully, I confuse spammed him with tools, and eventually won by him beating himself up.

I did get a well fought for Minerva though, which a lot more people can wear.

Also, according to the treasure list, I think I'm going to end up with 4 cursed shields by the end of the game. 4 Paladin shields is nothing to sneeze at. Smile
Anyway, sorry for rambling, I just thought I'd tell you my experiences, and Tenkarider D suggested you might want want the feedback.

I totally don't mind being called the Rambling Kefka-Man
Also, Locke in my party looks like Setzer, and Celes is Relm who's named Berry.
That's going to get weird later.
Berry also has the worst load out, Fight, GP Rain, Ice, and Item. Sad

Cyan is the new Umaro, oddly, a bit approrate for a fighter/beserker named Light.

Oh, neat thing I noticed in the text file, in the WoR, in the city of Maranda, I can buy Elixers in shops for 65,000 GP. Smile
Apparently, the game wants to reward me for tents and sleeping bags being absurdly 2x the price to 3.4 times the base game's price.
And Genji armor in South Figaro WoR for 65,000.

I think either I am really lucky, or you might want to nerf something.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by DavidB1111 - 06-22-2015, 07:10 PM