Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hey all! Updates haven't been as frequent as they were, but I've been quietly working on BC in the background. Version 54, released today, has a lot of minor adjustments based on user feedback. Here's a summarized changelog:
Quote:working decompression and recompression module has been added
randomized the opening sequence
make ending credits shorter, so that the music syncs up like in the japanese version
add bingo card generator
much greater coverage of enemies, more rare encounters appear as MiaBs
tiers 1-3 of the final battle are less predictable
kefka's phase 1 AI has been shortened to make the battle more difficult
more custom items
more interesting berserkers
r-wild is now r-chaos, which will covers all 256 skills
almost guaranteed esper boost coverage
more possible names for characters
chests that are upgradeable are indicated in the guide
guide shows more detailed monster info
guide shows blitz inputs and ability-changing relic info
guide doesn't show info for abilities that cannot be obtained
interface advises the user to wait
misc bugfixes and balance tweaks
If you're a hacker yourself, you might notice that a couple of these features could be helpful to you! Thanks to NovaliaSpirit's bank 7E dump, I was finally able to write a decompression module and edit (i.e. randomize) the opening sequence. I took out the splash screen, randomized the palettes, and changed the opening credits to display information about the rom!

The other nice thing is the shortened ending credits, which I think should be in every hack. When FF6 was translated to English, the ending credits were made longer, so the music doesn't sync up with events like it's supposed to. I spent a lot of time looking and discovered where to shorten the credits; At C3/CF93, if you change the value from 0x08AC to something like 0x07C0, it should sync up pretty much perfectly. (As a side note, this subroutine handles the last credits scene where you see the airship from the back... by editing this subroutine, you can change the locations of the airship propellers, etc... maybe something I could randomize? j/k Laugh)

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by abyssonym - 05-01-2015, 01:02 AM