Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
ccrunner, you can post bug reports here or send them to me on Twitter. It also helps if you can provide the seed so I can try to reproduce the conditions myself.

As for early-game encounter difficulty... yeah, it's just going to be like that sometimes. I think I tend to have an easier time with it than other people because I give all of the experience points from the initial battles to Terra out of habit, so she ends up a higher level in the Narshe mines and everyone that joins thereafter is a higher level as well. I don't really want to make those battles easier, because the trade-off isn't very good. I have to exchange a lot of randomness for a little balance.

The best advice I can give you (or anyone in a similar situation) is to gain a couple of levels in the MagiTek section, run from battles that aren't worth fighting, and use the game's built-in save feature whenever possible. Enemy encounters change when you reset the game, so sometimes your only option is to make a mad dash for the next save point and hope to get lucky.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to abyssonym for this post:
  • ccrunner (03-25-2015)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by abyssonym - 03-25-2015, 04:02 PM