Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Thanks!

Its a moot point now, as I simply started a new randomizer run.
I suppose it wasn't so much JUST the monster combination, so much as the situation that the game had put me in. I had just gotten control of Terra after leaving Arvis's house and went into the mines. I came across a monster formation that had 2 enemies. Not only was the formation very common within the area (after repeatedly dying and getting back to that point, I would encounter them again), but it seemed that the game's RNG had already assigned the next battle, and how many steps it would take to make the encounter (Rendering savestate abuse ineffective).

These enemies had about 200 HP, and Reflect. Regular attack took off ~15 HP and their Special attack took off ~25-30 HP.

Terra went into the battle with only 54HP remaining, with no usable items in inventory. Terra's commands consisted of Fight, Ice, Lore (none learned) and Magic (which was blanked out). Regular attack took off about 24HP from Front Row.

After multiple game-overs back to the Introduction Cinematic, I just gave up. I even resorted to using Game Genies codes, but when I disabled the cheats after making through the mines, the ROM would glitch out. The only choices were to give up or continue with Cheats Active (not fun). That is why I asked about those "Codes" present within the ReadMe. It's OK now, I'm well on my way with a new randomizer run already.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by ccrunner - 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM