Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Regarding the tower, as it is currently, I made it in such a way that one party must pass through Inferno's room to complete the tower. Of course, there are no guarantees as to which party or from which side they will enter. Also note that I did not fix the glitch in the original game that could be used to skip Inferno. Apart from that glitch, if you find a seed where none of the three parties encounter Inferno, I'd be very interested to know what it is.

As for randomizing colors of spells... I didn't do it, but I'm not opposed to it and it wouldn't be too difficult. The reason I haven't done it is because there are a limited number of palettes which are shared between spell and weapon animations, and I wasn't sure that it would be appealing to players for their Flame Sabre to be purple and create green fire. Since you were anticipating this feature for a long time, I'd be willing to break my feature freeze and include it in version 28 (which will also have some minor bugfixes).

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - by abyssonym - 11-28-2014, 03:16 PM