Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to add a header to FF3 1.0 without SnesTool

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I've been trying to located a site where I can download a copy of FF3 (US) version 1.0 with a header but after over an hour of searching with no luck I decided to try adding a header instead.

The problem is I can't use snestool on my computer (windows 7, 64 bit) and I haven't been able to locate any other program capable of adding headers that will work with my computer. Has anyone else encountered this and come up with a solution?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
SNEStuff can add and remove the header and should work with Windows 7:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=4613

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
This is fairly easy if you have access to a hex editor. I don't know Windows 7 64-bit but if you are able to run in 32-bit Windows XP compatibility mode download Hex Workshop and simply open your rom and go to the Edit menu then Insert (or press CTRL+INS) and put in 200 hexadecimal bytes with 00 as the filler byte then save.

If this doesn't work then I cannot help you with a 64-bit Win7 operating system.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Been a while since I logged on. About 10 minutes after posting this I managed to find a program that works, NRST3.4... Suffice to say I felt pretty stupid.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
since the problem is solved the thread is now closed

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC