Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition

Status
None
Hi Rodimus,

Balance and Ruin has me jonesing for a replay and I'm trying to decide which version of the game to play. Yours looks like a pretty good choice, but I was wondering:

You've said you've drawn from the Woolsey, Slattery, Lina Darkstar, and RPGOne versions; obviously your main focus is sticking with Woolsey, but what would you say is roughly the breakdown? Say, 80% Woolsey, 10% Slattery, 7% Darkstar, 3% Joyless Weeaboo, something like that?

I love the original translation but I think Slattery's got a lot right too; Woolsey did a lot under tight restrictions, but censorship wasn't the only one, and I find Slattery's more verbose script often conveyed details that Woolsey's didn't (for example, Sabin's line, of Edgar, "He's always been fair with me" is something more like "He's always put others ahead of himself" in FF6A). And there are some others that are kinda gray area -- Terra referring to Sabin as "some bodybuilder who strayed from his gym" has its charm, but on the other hand it makes a lot more sense for Sabin to immediately refer to himself as a "bear" with the original line about thinking he was another of Vargas's bears.

Anyhow, just curious. Thanks for all the work you've done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition - by Xenovant - 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition - by Thad - 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM