Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disappearing Phoenix Downs

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I have a problem: I renamed the Phoenix Downs using FF3usME and they all disappeared. I can't hold any, I can't buy any; they disappear upon moving to the menu screen. I've tried returning it to "Fenix Down" and the problem persists. I'd rather not lose all my work by returning the ROM to default. Can someone help? Anyone?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
The first character must be a blank character, I never remember which one, in the same way other items have an icon for their first character. You can check the correct hex number with a hex editor.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
there is a patch in usme that corrects such an issue

u need 2 apply it before editing item names

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-16-2013, 03:33 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: there is a patch in usme that corrects such an issue

u need 2 apply it before editing item names
Hm, I don't recall any such patch...? Are you sure about this?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm pretty sure

I know there is a patch that fixes the issue though

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I've been looking around...and I'm not finding a patch. When I get home later, I'll try Madsiur's fix before I go digging further. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Lol.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
To further elaborate on this, the very last blank space in usme is the hex byte $FF, which is the blank space you need so when you hit Arrange it sorts it as an item. When renaming the items in usme, if you hit the space bar for the space, or any of the other besides the last for that matter, that makes it the hex byte $00 I think, and the game gets confused about what to do and the item will disappear forever. >_<

Status
None
(04-17-2013, 03:54 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: To further elaborate on this, the very last blank space in usme is the hex byte $FF, which is the blank space you need so when you hit Arrange it sorts it as an item. When renaming the items in usme, if you hit the space bar for the space, or any of the other besides the last for that matter, that makes it the hex byte $00 I think, and the game gets confused about what to do and the item will disappear forever. >_<

So I just need to make it one word, then?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well, you still need to put a space at the start of the word, just the correct space that is used for the items. The correct space to use is this one here: http://i.imgur.com/Nmtiu.png

As for putting a space in between two words, like Pheonix (space) Down, that space can just be the space bar. The space that is used at the start of the item is the icon that tells the game where to sort the item, and that's the one in the pic.

Status
None
(04-17-2013, 06:07 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Well, you still need to put a space at the start of the word, just the correct space that is used for the items. The correct space to use is this one here: http://i.imgur.com/Nmtiu.png

That fixed it! Much appreciated!
  Find