Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Angelo, was wondering if it is possible to expand the character names at all? The current limit really messes with what I wanted to do in terms of names.

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-25-2012, 09:58 AM)silvermaine Wrote: Angelo, was wondering if it is possible to expand the character names at all? The current limit really messes with what I wanted to do in terms of names.

If you're even more curious, here's a video of how It looked once:

Note that the rom in which I did all those changes is lost, so I have to retrace all the code to do that again. There were two issues with longer item names, which I'll show in pictures:
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]

I have a solution for it, but no idea on how to implement it in ASM. Sad.

Status
None
I'm actually not worried about items personally. Only character names.

Another question, if I use this patch will I still be able to edit a spell's animation and damage and stuff with USme or is everything relating to spells, espers, etc. off limits?
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Character names can be expanded to 9 letters, I still have to figure out how though. But Lenophis did it.

(02-25-2012, 11:31 AM)silvermaine Wrote: Will I still be able to edit a spell's animation and damage and stuff with USme or is everything relating to spells, espers, etc. off limits?

Yes. All that stuff should be ok and unaffected by my patch.

If you want to change the spell's name, you won't be able, though.

Status
None
Cool. 9 characters is exactly what I need lol!

and perfect on the second part. That was what was holding me back in implementing your patch.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
good 2 see u fixed everything man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
So am I correct Angelo that if I use your patch I can't use the dialog expansion?
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(I know I'm not Angelo, but...) That is correct, but I have a mod that places Angelo's ability names in the F2 bank, which allows you to use the dialogue expansion.

@Angelo: Since this keeps popping up, I'm wondering if you should just release my version (which is really your version since no data is changed, just moved, and you walked me through how to do it anyway), and make any future changes on top of it for compatibility.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
(02-26-2012, 11:34 AM)PJM Wrote: (I know I'm not Angelo, but...) That is correct, but I have a mod that places Angelo's ability names in the F2 bank, which allows you to use the dialogue expansion.

@Angelo: Since this keeps popping up, I'm wondering if you should just release my version (which is really your version since no data is changed, just moved, and you walked me through how to do it anyway), and make any future changes on top of it for compatibility.

While Angelo considers that, will you tell me how I get your fix?
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Right here

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find