The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay, so I've been pretty busy so far this year.  A lot busier than I'd like to be.  In spite of that, I've finished my second draft of the FF6 script I've been working on and will start work on the final draft when I can make the time to do so.  I've attached a complete copy of the second draft below.  This is pretty much the way the script will flow (in terms of phrasing and nuance) from now on.  Very few changes will take place between the second and final drafts.  I'd like to encourage all those reading this to give it a try.  Just follow the instructions listed here.  If you encounter any blank text boxes, just press the positive command key (A button) to move past it to the next text box.  I am currently learning how to reassign the pointers for in-game dialog, so ultimately, blank text boxes will be 'removed' from the final draft.

Instructions

1) Patch a clean FF3 US file with the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Hack.

2) Download/Install and open FF3usME.

3) Open your patched game file within FF3usME.

4) Select the icon titled Dialog Editor and click the Import Script button in order to import the dialog_script.txt (272.91 KB) file included below.

5) Click the OK button at the bottom left of the screen.

6) Select the icon titled Monster Editor and find the BigCaption menu (located top-right), follow instruction #4 ( ^ listed above ^ ) in order to import the bitBigCaption_script.txt (17.3 KB) file included below.

7) Click the OK button at the bottom left of the screen.

8) Select the icon titled Monster Editor and find the SmallCaption menu (located top-right), follow instruction #4 ( ^ listed above ^ ) in order to import the bitSmallCaption_script.txt (10.51 KB) file included below.

9) Click the OK button at the bottom left of the screen.

10) Close the FF3usME app and load your patched game file onto your favorite emulator or flash cart and enjoy the experience.

It goes without saying that you should always save before proceeding to the next step. In FF3usME it’s located next to the open folder icon.

Inspiration for this project has come from the BNW, GBA, and TWU scripts and will be listed as such in the final release of this patch.

Thank-yous go to everyone for their time and consideration...you know who you are.

Attached Files
.txt  dialog_script.txt (272.91 KB, 13 downloads)
.txt  btlBigCaption_script.txt (17.3 KB, 1 downloads)
.txt  btlSmallCaption_script.txt (10.51 KB, 1 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Joshua H. for this post:
  • T92 (06-19-2022)

Messages In This Thread
Script Rewrite (Final Draft) Underway! - by Joshua H. - 06-19-2022, 03:08 PM