The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Vanilla script rewrite underway_

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
My main reason for the rewrite is this: To provide those of us interested in making a reinterpretation of the original game with a script that isn't bound by Copywrite law.  That's a stretch, I know, but the GBA.ips and even TW Uncensored.ips both rely on Copywrited material...  I want to give people here an option to start fresh.  Focusing on what's important to them; making their own dream version of the game.  My initial dub of the project was named the Revised Standard script.  For a Revised Standard version of the vanilla game...just something I had in mind earlier on. Right now I'm trying to format it to work with Panda's latest release.  However, I'm familiar with other projects, like FF3 Remake, as well.  And, would like to make my rewrite available to every one of you here. If you'd like me to format this script to fit your hack, please give me the name of said hack and I'll hunt it down on the interwebs... Anyone interested in helping me get to the final draft stage, please contact me however you feel comfortable...

So far, I've finished minor edits to:
1) Most of the beginning all the way up to The Returners Hideout.
2) Lockes escape from South Figaro.
3) Parts of the build-up to the party's first visit to Vector. Starting from Kefka's raid on Narshe all the way up to the party's escape from Vector.
4) Lockes side quest in the WOR.
5) Every bit of the ending. 

You should find a copy of the rough draft attached to this thread - below.  I look forward to completing this project for everyone here.  And, thanks for the support.

Attached Files
.txt  script_rerwite.txt (265.74 KB, 8 downloads)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by Joshua H. - 07-01-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by C-Dude - 07-04-2021, 02:40 AM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by MysticLord - 07-04-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: Vanilla script rewrite underway_ - by MysticLord - 07-07-2021, 07:02 AM