The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Mysteries of the Tent Screen

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
When you use a tent, the character is actually brought to a special map, $003. On this map, there are 2 event tiles, 1 tile apart. The second tile plays the cutscene that shows Kefka and Gestahl summoning the floating continent. It is used in some glitch speedruns to skip most of the World of Balance. The only question is, why is it there?

I had used up every event tile pointer in the game, and I needed one more, so I removed that event. As it turns out, after Kefka attacks Thamasa, and you board your airship for the first time, you are actually placed on this map, on top of this tile. If you have moved or removed the event, you will never be able to access the Floating Continent. I have searched through banks CA-CC (The Event Code) and cannot find a place where that map is loaded, so it's happening somewhere else in the code.

Anyway, long and short, don't touch that event tile!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
The Mysteries of the Tent Screen - by PowerPanda - 05-05-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: The Mysteries of the Tent Screen - by C-Dude - 05-05-2021, 11:45 PM
RE: The Mysteries of the Tent Screen - by C-Dude - 05-06-2021, 01:30 PM