The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Reconstruction of Doma

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
What a shame to leave such a nice, only slightly haunted castle unattended! What could we do to refurbish it? I've been playing with this idea quite a lot and think it could be a good endgame time sink to establish a hub area and rebuild a tragic kingdom. My concept currently goes as follows:

Once awakening Cyan, Banon arrives at the castle. He is the last Returner, and wants to restore the group to their former glory to inspire hope and stand up to Kefka. He acts as the hub manager, and all beginning projects go through him.

The first things he asks for is refurbishment- you'll pay him GP to cleanse the water, install suits of armor in the halls, Returners flags, and other cosmetic items. Once you do enough, Arvis will arrive, joining the castle and bringing Narshian knowledge of machinery to help out more.

From here on, you'll talk to Banon about finding people who need a home to inhabit the empty castle. You'll talk to various merchants around the world and persuade them to join, some join automatically but some will require specific items (if this is possible). This will fill the halls with people who sell unique and valuable items. Arvis will help you expand the castle itself, adding a basement with various rooms, including some form of a water arena so Mog can learn his last dance in the WoR.

Bringing specific characters could also help. Strago uses magic to open a sealed door. Mog can recruit a dancer who likes his skills. 

Ideally, other notable NPCs who have no late game presence can appear too. Duncan perhaps could open a training dojo. Siegfried could teach Cyan his swordarts rather than the dream. Duane/Katarin and the children should move from Mobliz into a safer place.

When all is completed, you'll unlock the Alexander esper here rather than after freeing Cyan as well.

As far as implementing this: I suppose I'll need event editing? This is something I haven't tackled yet but would like to learn. I'll start with the smaller parts and work up from there. Do you have any advice or ideas that might really make this shine?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-19-2021, 06:31 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by MysticLord - 04-20-2021, 06:45 AM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-21-2021, 11:53 AM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by PowerPanda - 04-21-2021, 12:53 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by PowerPanda - 04-20-2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by SirNewtonFig - 04-21-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Reconstruction of Doma - by Jeff - 04-21-2021, 01:50 PM