The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Formation Event Pointers

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Within FF3usME, in the Formations Editor, you can set special events, like "Shadow at Col." or "Cyan Fights Alone". Not all of these events are included in Madsiur's Battle Events Scripts dump, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a pointer table for these where I could work backward and find the code for one of the events. I've found the formation pointer, but it appears to point to an index, rather than an exact address. 

Specifically, I want to find the code for "Cyan Fights Alone", as this code allows guest characters to fight alongside of you, but not be controllable by the player. There are 2 copies of this event, and they appear to both do the same thing. If one of these could be repurposed, or if we could find the pointer table, I think it would provide a good option for hacks. For Divergent Paths, it would allow me to add the Razing of Vector screen with Celes playable, but Leo as an uncontrollable guest.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Formation Event Pointers - by PowerPanda - 03-10-2021, 11:43 AM
RE: Formation Event Pointers - by Gi Nattak - 03-10-2021, 01:10 PM
RE: Formation Event Pointers - by PowerPanda - 03-10-2021, 06:26 PM
RE: Formation Event Pointers - by assassin - 03-11-2021, 12:18 AM
RE: Formation Event Pointers - by PowerPanda - 05-01-2021, 11:14 AM