Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Guide to freeing up more enemy slots

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 42
Status
None
(11-08-2020, 09:45 AM)Fast Moon Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 02:29 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: Merge #377 Soldier with #1 Soldier - This is one I will definitely have to test. The #377 Soldier is the enemy used in Terra's flashback where she fries the Imperial troopers, it has only 1 HP and no AI script. All the event data for this scripted fight is tied to the enemy used for Terra's script, so I believe the Soldiers can be swapped without harming anything, and the event will be fine. The normal Soldier only has 100 HP, so Terra will still certainly kill the trooper in the scene.

I made a modification to the Terra flashback scene in my project and ran into some issues with swapping out #377 for a similar enemy.  #377's battle script is completely empty so it does not fight back, while #1's battle script has an Attack command in it.  Therefore, if I put a different enemy in #377's place that did not have an empty battle script I was finding that it was often able to take a turn and attack Terra before she got the chance to kill it.  It can't kill Terra, but it still breaks the flow of the scripted flashback if the enemy actually takes a turn.

Noted, thank you. I wonder if perhaps speed could help with that, like making Terra really fast with Auto-Haste to ensure she acts first.

EDIT - Nope. Hm. Yeah may have to give up that one sadly.

EDIT x2 - Success! And probably the secret to other mergers too - the "If enemy is in formation" script. I added a script to the normal Soldier that if they're in Formation #485 (the Terra cinematic battle), they give themselves Stop status. Ran through that scene a dozen times, they never attacked, and ran through the Imperial Camp where the Soldiers have also been added and they attacked fine.

A question - does anyone know if Formation 496 is used for anything special? It's the Soldier from Terra's flashback scene, but just one of him.

In good news, the Cadet and Grunt were replaced no problem, just a matter of changing them in enemy formations. And I merged the Soldier from Terra's flashback into the normal Soldier as described above. I also merged the three versions of Tritoch and the two versions of the Guardian - their AI script checks the formation to determine what happens. The Guardian I had to take a liberty with though, because it needs the "can't run" flag for when it is faced in Kefka's Tower. Since the party cannot run from it anymore in other encounters where it is invincible, it now Sneezes the party away one by one.

The Doberman has been replaced with the Vector Pup in the Imperial Camp, and the Doberman itself has swapped slots with the Mega Armor, turning the Doberman into a Dummied enemy and the Mega Armor is now a Rage. And as proof, here it is on the Veldt and in the Rage menu - the two packs that had the Mega Armor were changed with the Doberman's accordingly, causing Mega Armor to appear on the Veldt when you encounter it in the Imperial Base or the Palace.

[Image: 8gtoGNW.png] [Image: 0QLymfw.png]
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Guide to freeing up more enemy slots - by DrakeyC - 11-08-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: Project - Eliminating Redundant Enemies - by DrakeyC - 11-08-2020, 10:51 AM