The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6: Messing with the final battle lineup

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi, and thanks for having these forums! This is my first post. Smile

I'd been talking with some friends about how the game handles the minimal character setup in the WoR, and we were wanting to try to see what might happen if you somehow had a different set of three characters available for the final battle - it doesn't really matter who, just some different people other than Celes, Setzer, and Edgar. I don't know anything about ROM hacking or SRM hacking, but I know enough that I'm pretty confident that the SRM should have access to all the data needed to make this possible - the list of available characters has to be stored alongside game-progress-specific data, surely. 

What I haven't been able to find after digging through documentation here and on other sites is where that might be possible to change. SRM editors for FF6 don't seem to have an option for it, and I don't understand the memory mapping well enough to find it on my own, though my guess is that it might be in the Save RAM in $1850-$185F in position "e" as documented in https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...ffsave_ram 

Has anyone looked into this ever to see how it might work? If so, is that something that a dumb newbie like me might be able to accomplish? Thanks for any advice.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF6: Messing with the final battle lineup - by thisff6 - 09-23-2020, 04:38 PM