The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Espers teaching Stat gains

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi again everyone! I've got a live one for you here. Been staring at it for a couple of days, but my coding level is too low to get there. I know just enough about hacking this game to dive headfirst into the wrong thing for a few hours and get nowhere. Lol. 

I'm working on a hack in which I'd like Espers to do something new. Instead of teaching magic, I'd like for them to permanently increase a given stat, i.e. Ramuh teaches Stamina+1....x10, Stamina+3....x2, etc. No magic. Just stat gains. Everything else about the process can stay the same: Growth rate, AP gain from battles, etc. Physically increasing the stat shouldn't be too difficult. Espers already give you stat boosts at level-up (at C26198, with pointers from C2614E). I can hijack that code to do all of the math for me. The issue is getting the game to recognize this new set of instructions. How can I accomplish this? 

First, I looked at C2 in the code where we progress towards learning spells taught by Espers (C2602A-C2606C), but nothing there looked particularly useful. Then, I looked at the Esper data, but they just have one byte of info for each spell slot corresponding to the spell index. I thought about creating my own index of stat gains similar to the spell index where 00 would be Stamina+1 instead of Fire, etc. and this seems promising, but how can I get the game to recognize that list as the target? I can't find any pointers that associate Espers with spells. I tell ya, it's tricky!

Any suggestions? All help is appreciated.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Espers teaching Stat gains - by Morendo - 09-09-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Espers teaching Stat gains - by Turbotastic - 09-17-2020, 12:42 AM
RE: Espers teaching Stat gains - by Morendo - 09-25-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: Espers teaching Stat gains - by Morendo - 11-12-2020, 05:09 AM
RE: Espers teaching Stat gains - by Everything - 11-12-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: Espers teaching Stat gains - by Bropedio - 12-10-2020, 05:38 PM