Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Battles

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
(07-07-2020, 06:08 PM)madsiur Wrote: I moved your thread in the appropriate sub-forum. This is more a question rather than a personal project with some progress you have things to show about or want input on.

Great. I generally get that kind of thing wrong.

(07-07-2020, 06:33 PM)C-Dude Wrote: Personally, most of the random monsters in my hack don't even have scripts, they just pick an attack from their control list (thank you Hatzen!).  Makes 'em a little more unpredictable, but doesn't have the benefit of informing the player about the next boss as you described.

Yeah, I think a lot of my mobs won't have or need much of a script either. A lot of "a, b, c" simplicity.

I think in ROTDS one of the bosses was poisoned at the start of battle and when I first fought him I assumed it was Regen. I died and when I fought him again I tried antidote and it stopped his healing. Huzzah. It was great and the boss turned out to be memorable and not just a dangerous sponge I just needed to hit more.

Mostly I'm just wondering if it's worth the time to redo all (or lots) of mobs so that they can feel more interesting too, and interesting with a purpose, or if no one really likes that sort of thing and makes the easy parts too complicated.

Messages In This Thread
Random Battles - by Odbarc - 07-07-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Random Battles - by madsiur - 07-07-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Random Battles - by Odbarc - 07-07-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Random Battles - by C-Dude - 07-07-2020, 06:33 PM