Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
(09-12-2020, 07:38 PM)Rythian Wrote: Hello. First of all, I love this hack, it's so nice to have a proper translation and full item/ability names. I can't imagine going back. I think the only thing that really stood out to me as weird was Daryl asking Setzer if he liked to look at her ass. While not vulgar by any means, it didn't feel as natural as the rest of the text, given how much the rest of the script generally avoids even mild language like that. It also stops becoming a double entendre  referring to the back of her ship entirely. Maybe just change it to "my behind"?

Hi Rythian, thanks for the kind feedback. I'm glad you've had a good time with this!

Overall language-wise, believe it or not, I aimed to be roughly on par with FF7's NA release.*

Not sure how I would classify the original Daryl taunt, as FF6j does use a literal word for buttocks. From what I can tell, it is one of the cleaner variants of that word, which might explain GBA's "lovely behind" choice.

There could be an opportunity for a true double entendre, though -- I'm thinking "rear end".
I have been gradually going through the script again and making minor tweaks, so I'll take a closer look at this line for sure.

(09-12-2020, 07:38 PM)Rythian Wrote: I just climbed the Fanatic's Tower with Molulu's Charm and noticed that I didn't have to open the secret door for the Air Anchor - it was already open. In fact, once I looted the chest and stepped to the room above and flicked the switch, the entire room below disappeared and wouldn't reopen again. It's like it was all reversed, starting open and the secret switch closed it.
(09-13-2020, 06:08 PM)advanceblog Wrote: I can also confirm the Air Anchor bug.

This appears to be an issue with LeetSketcher's "Map Mishap" bugfix. I have notified LeetSketcher, and will be investigating further as well.
Update: Found the bug.

(09-12-2020, 07:38 PM)Rythian Wrote: I also saw the Debilitator gibberish message, but that's already been reported.
Turns out I'm missing a null terminator on "Now weak against water!" ... Finger

(09-13-2020, 06:08 PM)advanceblog Wrote: There is a bug with the new status menu. If L/R is pressed to switch from a character with normal status to a character that is KOed or has some other status, the class-name of the previous character is partially visible.

This should be fixed in v1.02.

*sans flagrant blasphemy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by SilentEnigma - 09-14-2020, 10:52 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM