The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME dialogue editor broken?

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm afraid I'm gonna need your help again guys, today I encountered a serious problem with the FF3usME dialogue editor. I've used the editor's "Manage Expanded Roms" function to move the dialogue to the F0 bank, which gave me about 73000 free bytes to work with. I've been editing and extending lots of dialogue for the last couple days, until I had about 59000 free bytes left when I last saved. But now, all of a sudden, it displayed my free space as -94000 bytes (negative number!) and told me I couldn't make anymore edits due to lack of space. I tried closing the editor and reopening it, but then the dialogue editor wouldn't open anymore, bringing an error message that says "Dialogue routine pointers were hand hex edited. FF3usME cannot work with the reformatted data."

I swear, however, that I did NOT hex edit anything dialogue-related, I wouldn't even know where in the rom the dialogue pointers are! I also didn't apply any new patches lately, as I have been doing nothing but dialogue editing for several days now, so patches could not be the cause of this. Until just a few hour ago everything still worked smoothly. I honestly don't know how it happened, but whatever the problem is, it seemingly came out of nowhere.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened, and if there's a way to save my rom?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF3usME dialogue editor broken? - by Gestahl - 03-15-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: FF3usME dialogue editor broken? - by Gestahl - 03-16-2020, 01:28 AM
RE: FF3usME dialogue editor broken? - by madsiur - 03-16-2020, 08:34 AM
RE: FF3usME dialogue editor broken? - by Gestahl - 03-16-2020, 01:57 PM