Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(02-02-2020, 11:30 AM)madsiur Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 07:21 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: Maybe creating battle events that would be triggered upon the command would be a more suitable solution?

This isn't really a viable solution since battle event are triggered from the monster script. You'd need to include it in every monster script.

...Or have an invisible status monster in every formation, which I did in ReCast.  Hmm... I haven't done any animation editing in battle events, only character ID swaps.  I suppose this is as good an excuse as any to learn it.

I imagine with that approach you would need to have the command check for all relevant parties (and gray itself out if that check fails).  The status monster registers the command, triggers the event (and animation) and casts against the enemy party.  Unfortunately this would be a counterattack script, meaning everything that was queued before it would trigger first (possibly even killing one of the twins, though they'd still animate as if they were alive) [I've had bad luck with 'trigger even during quick' counters, I'm not sure the best way to go about that].  It'd also mean the spell would cast based on the monster's stats, which is a mixed bag because you can directly set the power but it won't scale to the twins gaining levels.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 01-28-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 02-02-2020, 01:24 PM