The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Burying the Airship Glitch?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Has anybody on this board done any work on the Airship Glitch? That is, exploiting the Game Over move to pull the Blackjack to the wrong point in the scenario, potentially blorking up the event script?

I just read about this glitch, and I think I've got an idea for how someone might hide it, preventing the player from ever encountering it.  Apparently it's caused by jumping off the Floating Continent, flying without landing, returning to the Floating Continent, and then getting a game over.

Here's my idea and my reasoning:
(1) The glitch occurs because the player does not land before returning to the Floating Continent
(2) Thus, if we can force the player to land before returning to the Floating Continent, we can prevent them from being able to trigger the glitch
(3) We can prevent the player from being able to select the "Find the Floating Continent" dialogue through use of an event flag.
(4) We can set this event flag when the player chooses to jump back onto the airship on the Floating Continent.
(5) There must be a way to clear this flag while the player is on the world map, on foot. [This is the shaky part].

I couldn't find any way in the event script to distinguish being on the world map on foot and being on the world map in the Blackjack (thus I can't just clear the bit with event editing).  However, there's an initialization routine for a landed airship in the EE bank (starts at EE/4D34).  If a subroutine was injected somewhere here, the event bit we picked in step (4) could be manually cleared from the RAM (AND with FF minus Bit, store result).  That way, the player has to land at least once before the option to return to the Floating Continent returns, preventing the glitch.

Any thoughts?  Does anybody have any different ideas for preventing this glitch?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Burying the Airship Glitch? - by C-Dude - 12-23-2019, 12:54 AM
RE: Burying the Airship Glitch? - by Cecil188 - 12-23-2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Burying the Airship Glitch? - by SilentEnigma - 12-23-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: Burying the Airship Glitch? - by C-Dude - 12-25-2019, 10:37 PM