The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Restoring Woolsey in credits

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So, I've been using FF3usME, spritesheets, and a series of ips patches to make a romhack for personal use; sprite edits, script edits, bug fixes, you know the drill.  So far I haven't had to use any hex editing, but somethings come up that I can't find a tutorial for.  I wanted to use yazoo's title screen restoration patch, but it also restores the credits which cuts Ted Woolsey out.  I know it's a small thing, but after poring over Legends of Localization and various other scripts I've come to a much greater appreciation for him and his 30 day marathon.   It doesn't sit well with me to leave him uncredited.  The title screen tutorial on the wiki appears to be for the splash screen immediately preceding the title screen - e.g. the one that is just a static image and not the scripted growing letters, appearing magitek walker, etc.  I'm okay with yazoo's patch cutting that out, and apparently it only takes one value change to skip it?

Anyway, I know this is probably trivial for a lot of people on this forum, but rather than being handed a .ips file I do want to experience at least a little of this part of the process.  If it's relevant, I grabbed WindHex32 to use simply because it is described as a hex editor designed for SNES rom editing.  Comparing the base ff3US 1.0 file and a patched file tells me which bytes are changed, but I can't tell what constitutes one "group" of hex values.  What I am requesting here is instructions on how to track down which byte changes alter the splash screen, the animated title screen, and the credits.  Alternatively, just following simple step by step instructions to fix it would also work so long as what the processes involved are explained.  I might wind up needing simple instructions anyway... I don't know how intuitive this task is.  Thanks for being patient with my somewhat self indulgent request.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Restoring Woolsey in credits - by Kenefactor - 11-11-2019, 12:15 AM
RE: Restoring Woolsey in credits - by Kenefactor - 11-13-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: Restoring Woolsey in credits - by Kenefactor - 11-20-2019, 10:05 PM