The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
sound distortions

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
when i was inserting music manually, i noticed that even when setting the intruments to "nothing" in the spc editor i am still getting a scratching instrument.  i was trying to add battle 3 from ff mq and replace dancing mad 3 because the length was less than the latter and i set the excess values to 00.  how do i fix this issue where the instrument distortion disappears? never mind the right instruments, which require trial and error. this background effect is that glitched sound.

correct me if i am wrong, but dancing mad 3 (song $50) begins at 09AE9F with a length of B1A so replacing the music would begin at the same address.  the tune sounded correct but the instrument was still off.  how do i fix this and is there an oversight on the address?  the file did not have a "p" listed.

update: i found the issue. it seems the scratching noise occurs when the sound channel is set to "nothing." I am not sure if the patch is required however. still, what i don't understand is the offset value beings one byte sooner where the song length initially begins at 09AE9E where other songs that does not seem to be the case.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
sound distortions - by CzarMalboro - 08-10-2019, 05:29 AM