Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
New demo and update!

Download link:
https://t.co/ck3BeeSxak

I've finished Safer Sephiroth and added some more actions to the characters. The next step is squashing more bugs and adding a Kefka Safer Sephiroth double encounter.

But right now what I really need is for people to play it and find bugs. Screenshot what you find, copy the error report, send me it all with a brief description of what was going on. That'd be the A+ bug report. But if you don't feel like doing all of that (shouldn't take long) just send me a quick description of what was going on. 

Anyway, I've worked on balancing Safer Sephiroth as close as I could to make him compatible with FF6's combat engine. I couldn't just take the values from his original FFVII attacks and translate them to FFVI's algorithms, so I had to measure how much damage they'd do on a party of a specific level, see how that'd work on FF6 and come up with values for each attack.

I've also bumped up his HP by a lot. At the original 80k HP he drops like a fly. It's the accurate HP but also not really. The actual final boss battle in FF7 is a series of battles, not just Safer Sephiroth. So what I did was calculate how much damage the player would inflict on all the combined boss before Seph, and I've made that his HP. Note, this isn't just adding the HP of all bosses before, because there were multi-part bosses. It's adding how much damage the player does, not counting multiple hits from one attack.

Anyway, I'd be glad if you guys gave it a shot and some feedback too.
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Lefe for this post:
  • Lockirby2 (06-15-2019), madsiur (06-09-2019), Robo Jesus (06-24-2019)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine - by Lefe - 06-08-2019, 07:56 PM