The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Questions I have and things I want to do

Status
None
Please tell me about the feasibility of these changes for the SNES edition of FF6.  Forgive my sperg posting.

Here's the thread where I brainstorm changes: 
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/554...i/77391882

1. Does FF6 (snes and gba) have fields in-battle for current stats, base stats, and equipment bonuses?  I ask because I noticed that there's an enemy skill to decrease level and given that it's not an exploit for infinite esper stat boosts I assume it is temporary.  How does it remain temporary?

Things I want to do with such a routine:
* Growing Threat skill, for enemies to use to boost their stats in battle scripts on certain conditions (< 50% HP, for instance).
* Steal x skills for Locke, where he increases a stat at the expense of an enemy.

2. Repurpose Stamina into a Luck stat.

That is, remove the bonus/penalties to regen, poison, and other HP draining debuffs, and add a bunch of other things to be influenced by this stat, and then rename it Luck.  Other things it could influence are below.
Random evades.
Critical hits.
Misses.
Random damage.
Slots.
Primary damage stat for certain weapon groups.
Steal.
Draw.
Control.
Enemy formations like pincer, back attack, and preemptive strikes.
Some enemy skills and spells.
Morph.
Encounter rates.
Interceptor attacks.
Some Blitzes.
Some tools.
Some items.

3. Changed Sabin's Blitzes to use Strength.

4. Change Cyan's Techs so you select one, and then it "heats up" and then triggers, with the heat up rate partially influenced by speed.  Also create several "stances" for both Cyan and Sabin that counter with a given attack so long as you don't select another tech and don't attack.

5. Simplify the damage formulas so they resemble FF9, and give most weapons unique damage formulas, or remove level from all calculations.
Dice: luck
Darts: (agi + luk) / 2
Cards: (int + luk) / 2
Spear: (str + agi) / 2, random damage part uses Str
Daggers: (str + agi) / 2
Sword: strength, random damage part uses str and agi and divides by 4 instead of 2.
Knuckles: strength
Katana: (str + luk) / 2
Ninjato: (agi + luk) / 2
Brush: (agi + int) / 2
Rod: int
Greatsword: str
Flail: str + agi / 2, but random damage part uses luck.

(Caster attack - target defense) * (strength * (1...Strength) / 2)
(spell power - target mdef) * (caster int * (1...caster int) / 2)

6. Have Runic only work against enemy-cast spells, persist when used until it consumes a spell, then recover MP equal to the spell cost of the consumed spell and temporarily add the consumed spell to the characters spell list until the battle ends (OR add a % learned to that spell on the character's spell list).

7. Only allow certain commands when certain weapon types are equippped.  Sketch with Brushes, Slots with Darts/Dice/Cards; otherwise the character has another command. Not really necessary since I can negate the need for Control by making Sketch always work, let you choose the command used, and use the list with the most commands; and GP Rain effect can replace Joker Doom ( Evil laugh ).

8. An X-Item command for Eddie.

9. Negative esper stat gain boosts (aka penalties).  So you lose a stat, or you lose a percentage of your HP or MP gain, and possibly you lose HP or MP.

10. A switch for each party member to disable esper stat modification on level up.

11. Make Spears randomly Jump when used, and tie the time til resolution to speed and the jump rate to luck.

12. Increase the number of commands used in each Dance to 8.

13. Since level is no longer used in calculations, repurpose the level byte for enemies to something else (got any ideas?).

14. A functioning Call (summon any esper you currently have as many times as you want).

15. Limit the dual wield effect to knives, claws, and ninjato. Otherwise remove the Genji Glove effect.

16. Allow any weapon other than the above to ignore defense for any physical attack used by that character if that weapon is wielded alone and without a shield. Otherwise remove the Guantlet effect.

17. Tie counter attack to shield use.

18. Tie the True Knight effect to heavy armor (helms and plate/mail).

19. Increase near fatal status to 1/3 HP or 1/2 HP.

20. Have True Knight only work if you are in front and targeted ally is in back.

Messages In This Thread
Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 01-31-2019, 05:53 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 02-01-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 02-02-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 03-06-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Random Questions I have and things I want to do - by MysticLord - 03-08-2019, 03:05 PM