Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Updated:

I swapped Multi-Steal (modified) for SilentEnigma's Multi-Steal-Fix Simplified Edition. This applies to the main patch and the Battles patch in the "There's Options" folder.

Happy patching and have a good time. :3

You know what? I feel like talking some. I've really come out of my shell recently. I stopped hiding my real name and gender and have been working to become less of a hermit. And I feel comfortable here. Because of all of you who made sure I'd feel comfortable. Me, a major wallflower and shut-in who really only makes patch compilations. And yet you've shown me such kindness. Thank you all, as always, for that kindness. For making me feel so welcome. I hope my social and mental wellness continues to flourish.

How about some references identifying? Let's do that, yes. Tongue

"There's Options" is actually a reference to an item in The Binding of Isaac - Rebirth. I poured lots of time into that game. And Edmund loves references himself. :3

"Translating the Name Edition" is a reference to the band Saosin's FANTASTIC first EP, "Translating the Name". They delivered some solid stuff later, but never anything else like that great first EP. Check it out.

I mentioned referencing a song by the band Finch in my Script Fix. That song is "Without You Here". It says "The storm is bad tonight" as its opening line. I have a character say that in the Terra origin/Maduin flashback scene without any change to the Japanese meaning of the dialogue. It's barely a reference, but I like it. And it interferes with nothing. I've just always loved that underdog band. :3

The Star Wars reference I mentioned using is spoken by Strago when you meet him. It's from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. it's what Obi-Wan Kenobi says to Luke when asked if he knows Obi-Wan Kenobi. "Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time." I substituted "word" in place of "name". Again, the sentence is accurate in meaning to the Japanese text. Square loves Star Wars. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

I guess that's all for now. But maybe more later. See you all. :3

EDIT: One more thing I suppose. I love Final Fantasy VI and either it or Secret of Mana was my first RPG. My dad rented it for me when I was a small girl, but I didn't actually own it till I was a teen. I used to go to sleep reading the (very inaccurate) Nintendo guide years before I owned the game (I still have that guide, but it took a pounding over the years). But I admit that EarthBound is actually my favorite game anyway. Surprised My copy of the FFVI (okay, III, as it's American) cartridge is a confirmed 1.0, by the way. Sketch bug witnessed. Sweat
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (02-25-2023)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 02-22-2023, 10:43 PM