Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
Hi CV,

Rythian reported an issue in my project, which I narrowed down to LeetSketcher's "Map Mishap" bugfix v1.8 and below.

See the description here:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid39287
(09-12-2020, 07:38 PM)Rythian Wrote: I just climbed the Fanatic's Tower with Molulu's Charm and noticed that I didn't have to open the secret door for the Air Anchor - it was already open. In fact, once I looted the chest and stepped to the room above and flicked the switch, the entire room below disappeared and wouldn't reopen again. It's like it was all reversed, starting open and the secret switch closed it.

I have notified LeetSketcher, and will be investigating further as well. Hopefully we can figure out a solution before your next release.

Update:

This seems to fix the problem:

Code:
Original FF3us (& Map Mishap v1.8):
CC/5175: C0        ; If
          DC 02    ; ($1E80($2DC) [$1EDB, bit 4] is clear),
          B3 5E 00 ; branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)

Modified (Fixes Map Mishap v1.8):
CC/5175: C0        ; If
          DC 82    ; ($1E80($2DC) [$1EDB, bit 4] is set),
          B3 5E 00 ; branch to $CA5EB3 (simply returns)

From what I can tell, this was just a minor oversight in the original Map Mishap. I think the patch reverses the arrangement of the door/doorless tile data, but neglects to invert the switch effect.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • CVReynolds (09-20-2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by SilentEnigma - 09-15-2020, 03:49 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM