Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I also saw a need for this to change in my mod. My solution was to make the Illumina/Ragnorok for Mage Knights only (ie, Terra and Celes). I also only allow Genji Gloves and Offering to be used by "Male Warriors" only. I also applied the offering hack that stops MP criticals and special moves like Wind Slash from working with offering. This pretty much disables all those super-mega attacks that make the game too easy.

In short:
-General Leo, Cyan, and Sabin can use the offering and Genji glove, but they can't do those ridiculous MP criticals with Illumina/Ragnorok with pearl/flare, nor can they continuously pound enemies with the Tempest and Wind Slash thanks to the "basic offering" hack.
-Celes and Terra can do MP critical with Illumina/Ragornok, but can only use this with the Gauntlet. They can't use Genji Glove or offering.
-Other characters like Setzer, Locke, and Gogo I do not count as "warriors", so they can't use this equipment at all, naturally. They can, however, equip a merit award and use a select few items (but this prevents them from combining the offering with the genji glove).

I am curious how you proceed with this potential hack. I may include it in my mod later, or just use it if I ever merge my mod with yours!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by Lightning - 08-12-2018, 06:14 PM