Cyan's Uneventful Dream

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(07-28-2018, 10:31 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 09:19 PM)PowerPanda Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 08:37 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: One more question, can you change what character triggers the dream sequence and where you trigger it? At default it is Cyan in your party sleeping at Doma Castle, but is it possible to make the side-quest involve another character?

Yes, but that is just standard event hacking. It's not really related to this patch. You would just need to change the opening scene and ending scene. These are the only ones that specifically call character $02. All the rest are NPCs that are easily editable in FF6LE. I'll just warn you that as far as event editing goes though, this is intermediate level.

In my Definitive Edition hack that I'm working on, this is Cyan's WoR recruitment scenario. I set an event bit during the WoR setup scene that makes Cyan show up sleeping in his own bedroom (the "Inn" in Doma Castle is just an inn). When you talk to him, you kick off the scenario. I changed the order of events, and made it so that the scenario accounted for 4 characters. In total, it took me about as much time as Sabin's scenario in the "Divergent Paths" hack.

Mr. Panda, 
What version of FF6LE do you use to do this sidequest change?

I only use FF6LE to do the NPC changes. Note that Madsiur's minimap patch is required for using FF6LE. Otherwise the World of Ruin minimap will become corrupted upon save.

For the Event Editing, I load the rom into ZoneDoctorCE, mockup the scene as I would like it to happen through the event editor, and then hand-enter the hex through Cygnus. Note that clicking the save button in any version of ZoneDoctor will irreparably corrupt your rom, so NEVER SAVE.

It took me probably 4 months to figure out all the caveats for event editing. I had a very low week after my first release of Divergent Paths where I realized that the game was un-completable due to the corruption from FF6LE/ZoneDoctorCE, but I was able to re-create my changes by selectively copying blocks in the event editor, and save the project.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • CrumpledMedal (07-29-2018)

Messages In This Thread
Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by PowerPanda - 07-25-2018, 10:35 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by Tenkarider - 07-26-2018, 12:31 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by PowerPanda - 07-26-2018, 12:57 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by madsiur - 07-26-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by PowerPanda - 07-26-2018, 02:06 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by madsiur - 07-27-2018, 11:36 AM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by CrumpledMedal - 07-28-2018, 08:37 PM
RE: Cyan's Uneventful Dream - by PowerPanda - 07-28-2018, 09:19 PM