Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(01-31-2020, 03:20 PM)PowerPanda Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 08:48 PM)C-Dude Wrote: EDIT: I took a cursory look at the BeyondChaos Gogo scrolling status menu, and there most definitely is too much code required for the existing freespace available in the game, even if no other free bytes had been used.
Which raises an interesting question... where do you want to go from here?
(1) We could apply BeyondChaos's base game upgrades before the existing full roster patch and check for compatibility problems.
(2) We could scrap the idea of making Gogo's menu scroll and simply remove some abilities from that menu.  A good candidate is "Fight". The menu is only one command too long thus far.
(3) We change that menu completely... possibly borrowing code from the RAGE or MAGIC menu.

(1) and (2) I can look into, but (3) is beyond me at present; UI is a weak spot for me.

I actually have the ASM that was written, and it's not that extensive. I don't think finding free space will be too much of an issue. I just need TIME to look at it. If you want to check it out, I can send the ASM file to you when I get home from work.
That would be very helpful, yeah.  I was clearing chunks of the expanded code up to RTL calls (6B in hex) and seeing if it broke Gogo's menu code.  That way I could determine which chunks I'd actually have to analyze and annotate.  Unfortunately every chunk with an RTL seems to have shared code with something else, which led me to believe the entire expansion was dedicated to menu drawing.  If I had the ASM I could navigate the raw hex more efficiently.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by C-Dude - 01-31-2020, 09:21 PM