Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Balanced stat tips

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
(06-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Warrax Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 11:51 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: now if there was way that oblivion has a chance of dealing heavy damage plus instant death as an option, but check for unblockable damage and then instant death, that would be better.  

This has been on my list for years. From what I understand, the instant death function of Cleave/Oblivion is linked to the animation so there is no way to make Cleave/Oblivion animation do damage unless you change it to another animation. Raiden and Odin seems to function the same.

I suspect an asm is required where you can deal guaranteed damage with a chance of instant death.  I was thinking of something like hand of fate or eterum from skies of arcadia.  oblivion could have a piercing attack of 200+ damage because of its lengthy start up time.  

as for espers, I would add more spells to learned at higher rates. there is no reason why Ifrit should be the only esper to teach drain at an abysmal rate of 1.  I have Zonaseeker teach at a rate of 10.  Raiden has thundaga at a rate of 3 and Blizzaga I usually give to Crusader because I could not find another candidate that would make sense to have it.  Jomungandr also teaches Gravity at a much higher rate and Tornado no longer affects the party.  

in the GBA version, I make sure Bahamut is stronger than Leviathan. Only Alexander and Crusader should have a higher spell power than him.  of course to balance this out, the MP cost would be higher.   

as for equipment, I give the paladin shield 70 defense and magic defense.  the miracle shoes give the ability to dash and the sprint shoes have a speed boost.  the snow scarf is changed to the adamant armor which can be equipped by anyone.  I also balance the base stats of each character.  zombie will be easier to reverse as well.

(06-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Warrax Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 11:51 PM)CzarMalboro Wrote: now if there was way that oblivion has a chance of dealing heavy damage plus instant death as an option, but check for unblockable damage and then instant death, that would be better.  

This has been on my list for years. From what I understand, the instant death function of Cleave/Oblivion is linked to the animation so there is no way to make Cleave/Oblivion animation do damage unless you change it to another animation. Raiden and Odin seems to function the same.

I suspect an asm is required where you can deal guaranteed damage with a chance of instant death.  I was thinking of something like hand of fate or eterum from skies of arcadia.  oblivion could have a piercing attack of 200+ damage because of its lengthy start up time.  

as for espers, I would add more spells to learned at higher rates. there is no reason why Ifrit should be the only esper to teach drain at an abysmal rate of 1.  I have Zonaseeker teach at a rate of 10.  Raiden has thundaga at a rate of 3 and Blizzaga I usually give to Crusader because I could not find another candidate that would make sense to have it.  Jomungandr also teaches Gravity at a much higher rate and Tornado no longer affects the party.  

in the GBA version, I make sure Bahamut is stronger than Leviathan. Only Alexander and Crusader should have a higher spell power than him.  of course to balance this out, the MP cost would be higher.   

as for equipment, I give the paladin shield 70 defense and magic defense.  the miracle shoes give the ability to dash and the sprint shoes have a speed boost.  the snow scarf is changed to the adamant armor which can be equipped by anyone.  I also balance the base stats of each character.  zombie will be easier to reverse as well.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 05-29-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Gi Nattak - 05-30-2018, 10:21 AM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Odbarc - 05-30-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 05-31-2018, 11:51 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by Warrax - 06-01-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: Balanced stat tips - by CzarMalboro - 06-02-2018, 08:20 AM