The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Patch] Fair Damage

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Download page: Fair Damage 1.0

The game system has two different damage algorithms: one for physic damage and another one for magic damage. Unfortunatelly, they are unbalanced in a comparision between them. The physic damage is relatively weak and the magic damage is relatively strong.

The patch changes the main damage algorithm. Both physic and magic damage will use a new one algorithm. Because both of them will use the same algorithm, it is expected that the damage should be more balanced between them. Unfortunately, it is necessary to adjust the game data for the new algorithm. The old data setup will not be balanced.

Two patches are available. One is the alone new damage algorithm. The other one is the new damage algorithm with data modifications, called the test patch. I played the entire game from start to end with the new damage algorithm, adjusting the game data in the process. I avoided to be too much intrusive in the game data. The purpose was to test the new damage algorithm as the game advances. I tried many algorithms which doesn't work well enough until I eventually was satisfied with the actual algorithm. I belive a fine tuning should be necessary in specific parts of the game but overall I consider it satisfactory.

Weapons, spells and abilities with special effects may have their own damage algorithm. Examples are atma weapon, valient knife, flare star, etc. In the test patch, i ignored them. I plan to do individual patches for them, separated from this patch for compatibility and versatility sake.

The patch is somehow complex because it demands data adjustments to be a balanced algorithm. The old damage algorithms are a mess with two differents algorithms and different ranges of power values between physic or magic power for monster, allies, weapons, spells, abilities, etc. I understand that the patch may not be for everyone's taste but perhaps someone can find it helpfull.
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • DrakeyC (04-14-2018), Gi Nattak (04-14-2018), madsiur (04-14-2018), SSJ Rick (04-16-2018), Warrax (04-14-2018)

Messages In This Thread
[Patch] Fair Damage - by HatZen08 - 04-14-2018, 01:23 AM
RE: [Patch] Fair Damage - by Tenkarider - 04-14-2018, 10:38 AM
RE: [Patch] Fair Damage - by madsiur - 04-14-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: [Patch] Fair Damage - by DrakeyC - 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: [Patch] Fair Damage - by HatZen08 - 04-15-2018, 02:59 AM
RE: [Patch] Fair Damage - by Warrax - 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM