The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help changing a few things

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, I have been in and out of this site for quite a few many years. I would have sworn up and down I joined a while ago, but I guess I haven't. Better late then never I guess,right? =)

I'm usually quiet and keep to myself. That being said I have been working on and off on a personal project of mine for many years, and have come to a wall. Normally I wouldn't bother with it, but It's one hell of a wall, and I REAAALLY want it. I am decent enough at editing (Just about anything and everything) FF3usME. So as for spriting, editing texts, changing the way characters and classes work and stuff, but...

Not even a slight clue as to do music, changing weapon sprites, or anything of the sort. I spent the last month....ish going through the forums, looking at the tutorials, and "attempting", to do it myself, only to end up back where I started.

So here I am. As far as the editing battle sprites, I know I have to use YY-CHR, and I can change things like the Cafe sign, and chests and stuff. I cannot for the life of me find the weapons to change. I would like to change the darts/ dice/ cards to staves, polearms, or even a  martial art Bo. The actual animation and GFX of attacking are simple enough to edit in FF3usME, but actually changing the weapon in YY_CHR is eluding me.

Then there is adding music. I am SO confused. Looking at the "Editing music in FF6 Tutorials for Beginners", after my 3rd or 4th view of the tutorial, I'm still confused and hopelessly lost. I tried googling it hoping that maybe youtube has some "slightly less beginnerish" videos or tuts, and I am feeling really slow lol. Like, I have an MP3 of just piano music that I wanted to put in and change Gogo's song, but I don't know how to go from there. I know I have to change it into a .wav, or a .midi or something, then use another program to get a .bbr or something, then change it through a Hex editor. But that is all beyond me. =(

If all is lost on me (which I'm assuming is going to be close =P), would one of you wonderful people be willing to get me a patch to change Gogo's theme? I would supply the music for it of course. Or at least a "hold my hand " tutorial.

And last but not least, I would like to contribute to this fantastic site with a few sprites. Would I be correct in assuming sprites/portraits are not here but in Owzer's Mansion yes?

Thanks guys in advance.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Help changing a few things - by Yoshivoodoo - 04-14-2018, 12:16 AM
RE: Help changing a few things - by madsiur - 04-14-2018, 12:55 AM
RE: Help changing a few things - by Yoshivoodoo - 04-14-2018, 01:04 AM
RE: Help changing a few things - by madsiur - 04-14-2018, 01:25 AM
RE: Help changing a few things - by Yoshivoodoo - 04-14-2018, 03:36 PM
RE: Help changing a few things - by SSJ Rick - 04-16-2018, 10:12 AM
RE: Help changing a few things - by Yoshivoodoo - 04-16-2018, 11:02 PM