The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pyIPS - An all-in-one IPS tool

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

I wrote a IPS patch creator script in Python 3. Currently in beta, this allow to create IPS patch on any OS, as long as Python 3 is installed. I intend to add more functionalities in the future, such as:

x. Applying an IPS patch (duh!) (Done)
x. Removing headers (why would I want to add this nightmare fuel?!) Tongue (Done)
x. Combining patches that aren't conflicting
x. Creating patches and anti-patches for both headered and unheadered ROMs in one step (Done)
x. Creating an IPS patch out of a disassembly file
x. Creating a patch from specific offset ranges

It does compress the patch using the RLE compression formats whenever possible.

There is no GUI, this is a good ol' command-line interface, the best kind of interface! (READ: I don't know how to create a GUI yet and this is not a priority at the moment).

I will create a git repository (along with a readme and all that jazz) for the project most probably next week. It is New Year's Eve after all. You will be more than welcome to do a pull request as it is my very first Python script and the actual script might look amateurish to a pro. Or if you want to help in general.

You may ask "why another IPS tool?!" Well, most of the tools used to mod ROMs are only usable only on Windows with a few exceptions available on MacOS. Tools compatible with Linux are almost non existant. Also, the format is so simple yet can cause headaches.

Any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: Version 0.8 is out.

Attached Files
.zip  pyips.zip (7.93 KB, 5 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to NPCnextdoor for this post:
  • madsiur (12-31-2017), Robo Jesus (12-31-2017), seibaby (12-31-2017)

Messages In This Thread
pyIPS - An all-in-one IPS tool - by NPCnextdoor - 12-31-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: IPS patch creator with Python - by madsiur - 12-31-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: IPS patch creator with Python - by SSJ Rick - 01-13-2018, 12:24 PM