Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
NPC Sprite Sheet Expansion (m06 version)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Kind of a rhetorical statement, at least from me at the moment due to forgetting how to read most of anything. In other words, "I" can't remember or tell which, if any, are still missing. Or how far he went with full sprite sheets ( I was looking at up to #154 sheets, several of such were stuff like the crane arms that are used in ways that can't easily be changed into a normal character sheet or read in ways to be combine with other pictures.) Something I had played with was adding in a few extra sheets by joining item sprites into one sheet (say if sprite #99 face north its a slave crown, face south and it's a locke's bandana, if facing east a rock.) In this example case, three items that each had their own sprite number in the list take up number leaving 2 sprite numbers to be assigned to entirely new sprites for NPC's or PC's without replacing anything. (And yes that also requires going through and changing every single place those combined items are used to tell them which part of the sheet to display, but come on more NPC sheets, even if it's just means more variations of townfolks is ?.)

The rhetorical side of it is refering to drawing/artwork can always be improved or reimagined. Code on the other hand is like a math problem, once you find THE answer, and do it in the shortest way possible, it's complete. So... A sprite artist can always draw a "better" sprite, since better is a opinion when looking at sprites/art. Long, overly complicated answer, sorry.

More on topic, did anyone ever do NPC portraits that I missed?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
NPC Sprite Sheet Expansion (m06 version) - by m06 - 12-04-2017, 01:27 AM
RE: NPC Sprite Sheet Expansion (m06 version) - by Catone - 01-17-2020, 01:19 PM