The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Issue with SwdTech Speed Patch

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys. I'm having an issue trying to get Cyan's SwdTech gauge to work faster. I've tried 2 different patches for this:

Cyan's Sword Tech Gauge Speed Up which gives a general boost in speed to the gauge plus extra for each tech learned.

Selectable Blitz/SwdTech Patch which is basically self explanatory. Each SwdTech and Blitz is able to be selected from a menu similar to how Dance works.

I can live with getting either of these to work, but it seems they're only compatible with ROM v1.0. I use 1.1 currently (I heard it's fixed the malevolent Sketch bug?)

So here's where I think the problem lies in the first patch listed. Since it modifies the least amount of bytes:

The patch changes the byte at C1/7D8A: EE827B to jump to C1/FFF2 where it uses 14 bytes of code:
[Image: HexFF6.png]
v1.1 only has 8 bytes free in this section of code. So the patch ends up over-writing what is needed for the game:
[Image: HexFF6.png]

The idea I had (which was unsuccessful so far) was to have the code jump to a different location with more free space. But wouldn't I need to jump to a different bank for this, requiring a "long address"? I tried using the 3 bytes at C1/7D8A to jump to C1/FFF8, which is where the free space seems to start in 1.1. Then use that space to run a JSL 4-bytes to jump to something like bank C0 or C3. This just caused by game to reset or glitch out when I used SwdTech.

Is what I'm trying possible with this patch? Can I relocate the patch's code to a different bank?

I guess another valid question would be: Is there a sketch fix for 1.0. Last thing I want is my game freezing up on the 3rd Ultros fight or to not be able to use Sketch at all.

Thanks in advanced (perhaps this is why the 24-bit monster HP wouldn't work for the same reason...)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Issue with SwdTech Speed Patch - by ExiaTreason - 11-24-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: Issue with SwdTech Speed Patch - by assassin - 11-24-2017, 07:33 AM
RE: Issue with SwdTech Speed Patch - by Warrax - 11-24-2017, 01:53 PM