The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Activating" the dummy actors?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I am working on a script change, and as an alternative to modifying the battle script to allow for more space, I had the idea of using the extra unused actors (#48 and onward, the ones with random names) and renaming them to NPC names (Vargas, Ultros, Gestahl etc) and referencing them to save space in the battle script text, and allow me to continue using ff3usme. I'm using Zone Doctor to edit the events - I'm aware of the issues, but I have created space for new event flags by removing the character rename input and the fade/refresh. However, I don't seem to be able to figure out what allows the actor to get its name active. I know other NPCs do this, like the various Kefka actors that sometimes have a name when you reference them, and don't at other times. There is a "Change character name" event, but when I add one during the Locke intro scene - "Change character $31's name to $31 (Ultros)" - it changes LOCKE's name for some reason, even though he is referred to as character $01 above. Obviously I'm missing something but I'm just doing trial and error. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to the way this stuff works it would be appreciated Smile
  Find

Messages In This Thread
"Activating" the dummy actors? - by kuwert - 07-06-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: "Activating" the dummy actors? - by Gi Nattak - 07-06-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: "Activating" the dummy actors? - by madsiur - 07-06-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: "Activating" the dummy actors? - by kuwert - 07-07-2017, 04:22 AM
RE: "Activating" the dummy actors? - by madsiur - 07-07-2017, 06:38 PM