Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Community member in need of help

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hello folks, I just wanted to drop in with an update on the situation.

Today, friday, dn will hopefully be arriving without issue in Seattle. I've made reservations for him at a shelter for the night - after tonight he'll be able to make his own reservations, and with the help of a friend, make himself acquainted with the various shelters and services for the homeless that King County has to offer.

The donation drive has been a huge success! So far we've raised around $570 USD (Madsiur can update us on the exact numbers), enough for our two goals of purchasing a bus ticket to Seattle and a care package for dn once he gets there.

A rather large part of the donations ($348.75) have been used to order a big box o' necessities off of Amazon. The order has been shipped and will be delivered sometime during the weekend, to Kjata who has graciously agreed to deliver it to dn in downtown Seattle as soon as possible. I won't list the entire contents of the shipment, but rest assured that it contains a significant portion of what a person on the streets could conceivably need and still be able to carry on his back, including the backpack itself. Amongst the goodies are a prepaid phone, basic medical and hygienic supplies, a repair kit, clothes, and some other useful odds and ends.

Most of the remaining funds will help pay for dn's bus ticket to Seattle. Please note that dn fronted the ticket cost himself with his last cash reserves, and that the vast majority of remaining funds comes from a single large donation. The donor has agreed to let us wire the entirety of this donation as a cash reimbursement for dn. Any remaining funds after that will go towards covering PayPal fees, and if there's anything left after that, I'll take suggestions. My own suggestion is that we donate it to the shelter in Hot Springs, AR, that took dn in after he lost his home.

We will continue accepting donations for dn up to and including Sunday, on the FF6hacking PayPal. If you want to make a donation, but am unable to until after Sunday, Madsiur will still accept donations for dn if you label your payment "for dn". Please note that any donations sent after today will be wired to dn in cash, since we have already reached our goal of paying for a care package and the bus ticket to Seattle.

Thank you so much for your kind support, everyone! I'm proud to be part of this community.
  Find

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (06-03-2017), BTB (06-03-2017), madsiur (06-02-2017), SSJ Rick (06-02-2017)

Messages In This Thread
Community member in need of help - by madsiur - 05-29-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by BTB - 05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by seibaby - 05-29-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by madsiur - 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by DrakeyC - 05-30-2017, 10:04 AM
RE: Community member in need of help - by madsiur - 05-30-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by DrakeyC - 05-30-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by BTB - 05-30-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by madsiur - 06-01-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by seibaby - 06-02-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Community member in need of help - by BTB - 06-03-2017, 01:17 AM