The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Runic to Shock

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Hi there. Total noob to Final Fantasy VI hacking, so I apologize if I break an unwritten forum custom here. I just finished an FFT Hack (Final Fantasy Tactics: Emergence), and before I put away my romhacking hat for a little bit, I wanted to do a very quick mod of FFVI as well.

The project is pretty small in scope. I'm essentially just taking the famous "General Leo Edition" hack and applying most of HatZen08's gameplay improvement hacks posted over on Romhacking.net. There are two changes that I'd like to make that the current utilities don't cover though, so I was wondering if someone has already made these. I've tried searching the forums, but haven't come up with anything.

1. Runic to Shock
One of my major changes is giving the 'Runic' ability to Leo, and giving Celes the 'Jump' command as her special ability. This naturally "dummies out" the DragoonBoots, but I would like to change them into a more useful relic. How hard would it be to give the DragoonBoots relic the ability to change 'Runic' into 'Shock', much like the Fake Mustache turns 'Sketch' into 'Control'? Ideally, 'Shock' would do a check for a Runic-enabled weapon as well, but that's not mission critical. Note that there will be no need for an ability that changes 'Attack' into 'Jump', so that can be overwritten if there's a need.

2. Item to Throw
In the General Leo Edition, Shadow dies in Leo's place. I would like to change the now-useless Sprint Shoes into a relic that changes the 'Item' command to 'Throw'. Ideally, this relic would also grant the equipper the "Dog Block"/Interceptor status. Of the two changes, this one is less important for me, so if it's only possible to do one command switch-out, 'Runic'->'Shock' is by far more important.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Runic to Shock - by PowerPanda - 02-18-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by dn - 02-18-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by PowerPanda - 02-19-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by madsiur - 02-19-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by assassin - 02-19-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by PowerPanda - 02-19-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Runic to Shock - by Turbotastic - 02-20-2017, 06:09 PM