Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Hi. Resurrecting an ancient thread here. If this project ever gets going again, I can help with this. I'm horrible at ASM, but scenario writing and event editing are kind of my specialty.

I think that Iris could show up in the Magitek Factory, but I wouldn't add her as a character until you're preparing to go to Crescent Island. As you are leaving the Imperial Castle, she could stop you, say she overheard what was going on, and ask to join you. In my hack, I added Banon back into the party at that point, so I've already done all of the work to have a 3rd character in your party in Albrook and on the boat with Leo. For the events of Crescent Island, you just have to have Locke go with Celes to search for the Espers, and have Iris, Shadow, and Terra form the second party. Then, when Shadow leaves, you have Iris, Terra, and Strago head to the Esper's Cave, where Relm joins up.

The strengths of this are:
1. During the Burning House Sequence, you can have a short event that introduces her Fuse powers, saying that she can fuse with Ifrit to absorb the flames, or fuse with Shiva to put them out.
2. A natural place for her to have a flashback explaining WHY she is so attuned to Espers is when Strago finds the 3 statues in the Esper Cave.
3. In the Esper Cave, Locke is the one to talk Terra into not going berserk when she meets the other espers. Having Iris sense what is going on fills the double duty of increasing her bond with Terra and showing that she really is in tune with the Espers.

I've already accounted for having an extra team member join up permanently after Kefka's attack, and I've already done the work of switching Cyan's recruitment scenario to the nightmare in Doma Castle, freeing up the Mt. Zozo sidequest for another character. Let me know if you want to re-use any of that work.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by B-Run - 09-27-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by PowerPanda - 07-05-2018, 10:51 PM