The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Poll: What do you want to race?
This poll is closed.
Beyond Chaos standard mode 50.00% 1 50.00%
BC's Ancientcave mode 50.00% 1 50.00%
BC's Speedcave mode 0% 0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Ok, i opened the thread! as you noticed i wrote only Beyond Chaos, since i like it much more than the one of Dessyreqt(sorry, i don't have anything against you, it's just a matter of tastes) possibly i'd like we discuss here about racing only BC or Speedcave/Ancientcave modes... i you really don't feel like opening another thread for the other randomizer's races, then you can still discuss it here too.

Other than sharing some idea on what/how to race, i'd suggest to use this tread also as race planner... so when we agree on one date in particular, we can post the date here, maybe we can also warn other sites, like ID about the fact that in date XX/YY/ZZ there will be a BC race on twitch at a certain moment and so post the direct link to the stream when we start, how 'bout it?

There's also another factor to consider: most of people here or in ID live in America, me in Italy and others in Europe, in general: so it's a really bad idea to declare an hour for the stream... the risk of misunderstandings are really high, so i'd like to agree everybody on doing someting like:
1) days before we reach an agreement on the date;
2) on day X someone posts something like... "today we stream the race, the race will start after Y hours from now" unless you know someone who lives in Asia, then it would be better that the post is made from an European, since we are "in the future" of something like 6-8 hours compared to America, due to time zones in the world, so we should be able to warn everybody;
3) Obviously we already decided before the planned hour, anyway if something happens during that period we'll change our plans before it's too late, and then we'll race with less players/move forward the hour/change date according to the matter;
4) something like 10-30 minutes before we post the seed to write, or even better someone links a patch to vanilla rom, which we can apply and so obtain the correct BC rom, without risking an error while inputing settings on BC .exe program manually. Who is this "Someone"? anybody, volunteers, selected by rotation among racers? whatever, we can do as we please about this point.

PS. which flags to use? i'd suggest all except "random input blitz" flag, as Lockirby2 said in shoutbox; for themed races, we discuss them as usual and point that it's a themed race when we declare the date.
When i say "themed race" i mean using passwords inside the seed, like "no encounter" or "all sabin characters" passwords. Never used them but i don't mind if some of you want to experience something slightly different.

Any suggestion is accepted if someone has some better idea on how to plan races and the schedule to follow, before the streaming starts.

I also made a poll for see which mode of BC you prefer most to stream: i'd like more Speedcave, which fits best for streaming to me... yet i remember in some thread the poll won't work, any chance this poll might have any problem as well?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Tenkarider - 09-01-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM